ProtonVPN features simple to use native clients with a simplified graphical user interface for:
Nevertheless, some users may prefer to use OpenVPN configuration files and connect to our secure VPN servers using a third-party client. Read on for instructions on how to download ProtonVPN OpenVPN configuration files.
To Download ProtonVPN configuration files:
- Log into your ProtonVPN dashboard at account.protonvpn.com/login
- Select Downloads on in the left navigation bar
- Find the OpenVPN configuration files section and chose
chose depending on your device/operating system(THIS IS IMPORTANT, as otherwise you may be vulnerable to DNS leaks)
- Protocol: UDP (recommended) / use TCP if you experience slow VPN speeds (this utilizes port 443)
- Click the download icons for the server you wish to download
- Note: If you selected “Download all configurations”, the requested files will be in a ZIP archive – each of the files will contain information on how to connect to one of the ProtonVPN servers.