A VPN helps to protect your privacy, preventing websites you visit from seeing your IP address and your internet service provider (or public WiFi host) from seeing your browsing history. A VPN also lets you stream your favorite shows, movies, and sports events while traveling away from home.
Open-source and trustworthy VPN Firefox extension
- Fast and reliable: Connect with one click and browse with peace of mind and no speed drops
- Flexible: Protect just your browser traffic without affecting speeds or the IP address of the other apps on your device
- Easy to use: Works on Firefox, LibreWolf, Waterfox, and many other Firefox-based browsers
Download Proton VPN for your device
Browse privately inside your browser
A flexible way to stay private online
- Browse privately without affecting ping rates for online games
- Stream from another country in one browser while shopping for the best local deals in a different browser
- Browse privately on your work computer while connected to your company VPN
How to set up and use Proton VPN’s Firefox extension
Why choose Proton VPN?
When you use a VPN provider, you entrust your privacy to it. Here's what sets us apart:
Open-source apps mean you can check our code for yourself. Independent audits mean you can read an expert’s assessment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Trust is vital when choosing a VPN service, as it replaces what your ISP can see. Proton VPN is a VPN you can trust:
- We’re based in Switzerland, home to some of the strongest privacy laws in the world
- Our no-logs infrastructure has been independently audited
- Under Swiss law, we can’t be obligated to start logging
Sign up for a Proton VPN Plus account, click Add to Firefox on Firefox Add-ons → Add. For easier access to the Proton VPN extension, click the Extensions icon in the browser toolbar → gear icon next to the ProtonVPN extension → Pin to Toolbar.
You can install the browser extension in as many different Firefox-based browsers as you like. These include LibreWolf, Waterfox, or any other browser based on Firefox 109.0+. Each browser using the browser extension counts as one of your ten VPN connections.
1. Sign up. Buy a paid Proton VPN Plus account.
2. Download the extension. Search for and add the Proton VPN extension from Firefox Add-ons.
3. Log in to your account and use Quick Connect to connect to a server.
You're done! You can now securely and privately browse the internet.
Use the Quick Connect button to connect to the fastest VPN server for your location or Search for a particular country or server.
To bypass censorship blocks, simply connect to a VPN server located somewhere that doesn’t censor the internet. For example, if you are in Russia or Iran, connect to any server in the EU to access the free and open internet.
To watch content from one of the many popular streaming services we support when away from home, connect to any Plus server in your home country.