The following instructions are applicable for Windows versions 7,8 and 10.
ProtonVPN’s native client app is the simplest way to install ProtonVPN on your device. To guarantee the protection of your data we use OpenVPN protocol by default. Once installed you can start using ProtonVPN right away. If you don’t yet have a Proton account, you can sign up for a Free plan for Windows. Below we also explain the steps you can take to uninstall ProtonVPN.
To install ProtonVPN, please follow these steps:
- Download the ProtonVPN Windows app
- Go to your downloads folder and double click the protonvpn.exe installation file
- Click I Agree and then Next>
- Finally click Install
- Once the installer window is open, click install on the first screen. The installer will proceed with the process automatically
- Once installed, the ProtonVPN application will start, and appear in a new window. A shortcut to the application will also appear on your desktop for the ease of access.
You can uninstall ProtonVPN by following these steps:
- Right click the start button and press Programs and Features (located at the very top of the list)
- Locate the ProtonVPN app and press Uninstall
- When a pop up window appears asking if you are sure you want to uninstall, click Yes