If you are using an Android device and would like to test new builds of ProtonVPN app before they’re released publicly, you can join the ProtonVPN Android app beta program. Like our non-beta Android VPN application, the beta is completely free to join and use.
As a community support project, user participation and feedback is crucial for ProtonVPN app development. Beta testers will be able to give feedback that directly impacts the app. Note that beta builds will have new features which might not have been tested on all Android operating system versions that may cause unexpected app behavior. If you run into any bugs, you can notify us here: https://protonvpn.com/support-form
You can sign up for the Beta testing program in two ways:
Registering via the Google PlayStore
1. Go to ProtonVPN application page in Google PlayStore.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the play store page and tap on I’m in.
3. Tap on Join in the pop-up.
4. That’s it, you have joined the Beta testing program! If you would like to leave Beta testing program, you can tap on Leave.
Registering via Google PlayStore website
1. Go to https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.protonvpn.android while logged in with your G-Suite account and click on Become A Tester.
2. And that’s it! You have registered for ProtonVPN Android app beta. You can download the app or leave beta program inside ProtonVPN Android app page in Google PlayStore.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between participating and not participating in beta?
While in beta, you will always get to test the newest app bugfixes and features before they are released to the public. Also, you will be able to report any bugs the build might have, which will allow us to provide a better application to the community.
2. Will I need to install two different apps?
No, you won’t need to install two separate applications, the beta build will replace the ProtonVPN app that you have already installed.
3. What’s in it for me?
You will get to use newest app builds and features first and you will be able to directly participate in the app development by providing feedback and reporting bugs.
4. Can I use my ProtonVPN account to join the beta?
A Google Play store account is needed to participate in the beta program since the Android application is distributed through the Play store.
5. Can I opt-out any time? Can I get back in?
Yes, you can leave beta testing program at any time and you can return to beta testing at any time as well.
6. How do I use the app?
You can check our in-depth Android app tutorial here: https://protonvpn.com/support/best-android-vpn-app/