By setting up a Siri Shortcut, you can have the ProtonVPN app connect to a server simply by telling Siri. To set up a shortcut for ProtonVPN, you just need to follow a few simple steps:
- Before you can create a Siri Shortcut, you must open the ProtonVPN app, connect to a VPN server, and disconnect manually. Once you have done this, the ProtonVPN app will become available in the Siri Shortcut menu.
- On your iOS device, (any device that uses iOS or later) open Settings and tap Siri & Search.
- On this screen, your iOS device will suggest shortcuts to you. To add your own, tap All Shortcuts.
- Tap the plus next to Quick Connect under the ProtonVPN app. (You can also create a Siri Shortcut that to disconnect ProtonVPN.)
- This will bring up the Add to Siri screen. Tap the red record button and record a personal phrase that you will say to Siri to connect to a VPN server. It could be as straightforward as “Hey Siri, connect the VPN” or as dramatic as “Hey Siri, activate privacy!”
And that’s it! You can now protect your online activity simply by giving Siri your personal command.