You can set up a Siri shortcut to automatically perform certain actions with the Proton VPN app.
- Quick Connect to the best VPN server for your location
- Disconnect from our service
- Get connection status of your VPN connection
Once the shortcut is set up, you execute it by simply saying Hey Siri, followed by the name you have given your shortcut. For example: Hey Siri, disconnect VPN.
Running Siri Shortcuts requires iOS or PadOS 12+.
1. Open the Proton VPN app, connect to a server, and then disconnect. This needs to be done once for Proton VPN to become available in the Shortcuts app.
2. Open the Shortcuts app and tap the + icon to create a new shortcut.
3. Tap Add action.
4. Search for ProtonVPN or tap the Apps tab and select ProtonVPN from the list of apps.
5. Select the action you would like the Siri shortcut to perform.
6. Tap the title area to enter a name for your new shortcut, For example, Connect VPN. To activate this shortcut, simply say Hey Siri, Connect VPN.
You can now test the shortcut by clicking on the play icon, or close this screen by tapping X.
The first time you run the shortcut, you will be asked to Allow the shortcut to share data with Proton VPN.
The shortcut is now available in the main menu of the Shortcuts apps.