Our mission at Proton VPN is to make security and privacy available to all. That’s why Proton VPN and Proton Mail will always support free plans that anyone can use. If you want to create a free VPN account, follow the simple steps below.
Create a free VPN account
1. In your web browser, go to protonvpn.com/free-vpn and click the Get Proton VPN Free button. Or, you can click on the Get Proton VPN Free button on our homepage.
2. Select the Free plan. If you use the URL above, once you click the Get Proton VPN Free button, you will be taken to the signup page and the Free plan will be automatically selected. If you came from the homepage, you will need to click the Sign up for free button on the signup page.
3. Create a username and password for your account. We also ask for a recovery email address. This is used in case you lose your password, so you can easily reset it and regain access to your account.
Enter the information and click on Create account.
4. To prevent misuse of our service, we need to check that you are human. Choose whether you want to complete a CAPTCHA, or if you would like us to send a verification code to your Email address or SMS number.
If you choose Email or SMS, you will receive a verification code by that method. Please enter this 6-digit code into the box provided and click Verify.
If you do not receive the code, please check your spam folder or wait a few minutes before clicking on Did not receive the code? to request another one.
Alternatively, click the back button to change your human verification method.
5. Your free account signup is now complete. You will be automatically taken to our Downloads page, where you can download the Proton VPN client for your platform.
With the Proton VPN Free plan, you can access Proton VPN servers in three countries: Netherlands, Japan, and US. Free users can only connect one device at a time. If you like the Proton VPN Free plan, please consider upgrading to one of our paid plans.
If you like the Proton VPN Free plan, please consider upgrading to one of our paid plans. With a Proton VPN Plus or Proton VPN Unlimited plan, you can try our premium service risk-free for 30 days. If you find it’s not for you, just let us know within 30 days and we’ll give you your money back. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
You can compare the Proton VPN plan specifications on our Signup page.
It says “Email verification temprorarily disabled” but I have never made an account with ProtonVPN. I just found it today on a search engine.
Is there anything I can do to get an account with ProtonVPN?
Also, how long is the duration of the free limited Countries and connections version? How many Days, weeks, months, years? Or is it forever with these limits?
Hello Romano, There are no limits on data/time/speed on free services, only device limit to one and to three countries. if you are using a proxy, make sure its off, or any other VPN. If not , give it some time since your IP got flagged for more than one attempt of creating the account, so some time away from the page will help you.
Hello, I want to create an account, but when I verified my email, the notice said “email verification temporarily disabled”. What should I do? Thanks in advance.
Hello. That means that you have tried to create an account too many times and as we have to have anti-bot or spam system that prevents from multiple free account creation you have to wait some time and try again later.
will it secure me from IP trace if i use free account ?
Hello. Yes, since even free subscription tier is treated the same way as paid.
Not login please help
Hello Numaiza, could you please contact our customer support team for detailed investigation on your issue? https://protonvpn.com/support-form
Pourquoi nous ne pouvons pas utiliser notre adresse de confiance protonmail pour la vérification: “To fight spam, please verify you are human. We do not permanently save your email or phone number, it is deleted after verification.
Hello Marc, you can use your ProtonMail email address to receive a verification. If you are experiencing any issues feel free to contact our customer support team. https://protonvpn.com/support-form
You can’t use protonmail as it demands you to use a 3rd party email. Even then it doesn’t send the verification email, I guess you don’t want people using your service.
Hello Mike. We can assure that the email verification is truly working and we do want people to become our community members. 3rd party email is required due to the spamming, its just for the security reasons. We’ve sent out the invitation to join our services without the human verification.
Why is it that I have failed to log in
Hello. Please contact our customer support team for detailed investigation on your issue. https://protonvpn.com/support-form
Comments are closed.