ProtonVPN uses the latest in web technologies to secure your data, and requires sessionStorage. This article will explain what sessionStorage is and address common issues.
What is sessionStorage?
sessionStorage is a new web technology that lets you store website information securely on your device. We use sessionStorage to store your authentication token which is used to decrypt your account information.
I got an error saying I don’t have sessionStorage. How do I get it?
First, see if your browser supports sessionStorage, a list of supported browsers can be found here.
For All Browsers:
Please ensure Cookies are Enabled.
- Type in about:config in the address bar and hit enter.
- Click on the I’ll be careful, I promise button.
- To Enable DOM Storage, just scroll down and double click on the dom.storage.enabled entry to change the “value” from false to true
- Internet Explorer
- click on Tools and Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab, then scroll down to the Security section under Settings.
- Check the Enable DOM Storage box and click on OK.
- Open Options
- select the “Under the Hood” tab
- Click on “Content settings”
- select “Cookies” and set “Block sites from setting any data”
- Please disable private browsing mode and use regular browsing mode.